The USS Reaent was a role-playing game launched in October 1995, originally within the Continuum Online (COL). It would later serve as a founding member of the Celestial Prime Alliance (CPA), a member of Spacefleet Online (SFOL) and as a founding member of the Star Trek Simulation Forum (STSF). The long running game concluded on October 8th, 2015.
The U.S.S. Reaent was founded on October 7, 1995 by Captain Fred Michaels and Commander Elizabeth Jordan. Originally launched in the Continuum Online (COL), it operated Saturday evenings at 10:00pm ET. The game became one of the founding simulations of the Celestial Prime Alliance (CPA) when the group was formed on August 31, 1997. This came after leaving COL and becoming the first sim to take place under this new organization's banner. Games were suspended on October 7, 2000.
On November 1, 2001 the simulation was reformed as a game within Spacefleet Online (SFOL), the official organization sponsored by America Online. This association lasted until July 30, 2002 when it was part of one third of SFOL's advanced sim fleet to leave and form a new organization called the Star Trek Simulation Forum (STSF). Here with STSF's association with the official Star Trek website, the U.S.S. Reaent has continued to thrive Thursday evenings 10:00pm until 11:00pm ET.
In 2006, the sim was the first within its forum to add a fighter squadron as a regular roster position. It also changed internal structure allowing for players to select characters as either Starfleet Officers of Starfleet Non-Commissioned Officers. The game continued to function in the prime timeline operating on events seen in Star Trek: Nemesis and Star Trek (2009).
Planned for over a year, in September 2015 it was announced that the U.S.S. Reaent would conclude on October 8th, 2015. This anniversary would mark 20 years and one day since the formation of the game. Although using different aliases, the game operated with the original founder as the lead host throughout the entire run and had no changes in command structure during the last 13 years of operations. Historical information, both in-character and out of character, remain available on the ship's website.
Final Commanding Officer:
- Fleet Captain Patrick McQueen (2009 - 2015)
Final Executive Officer:
- Commander Aidan Ridire (2002 - 2015)
Former Commanding Officer(s):
- Captain Fred S. Michaels (1995 - 1997)
- Rear Admiral Fred Shedian (1997 - 2000)
- Captain Fred Michaels (2001 - 2009)
Former Executive Officer(s):
- Commander Elizabeth Karter-Jordan (1995 - 1997)
- Commander Ehlanna Circe-Reed (1997)
- Commander Francis Reed (1998 - 2000)
- Commander Max Carrington (2001 - 2002)
- Commander Tau (2002)
- U.S.S. Reaent, NCC-3345
- October 7, 1995 - February 24, 1996
- Delitas Heavy Scout Class
- U.S.S. Reaent, NCC-3345-A
- February 24, 1996 - November 26, 1996
- Constellation Heavy Cruiser Class
- U.S.S. Reaent, NCC-3345-F
- December 7, 1996 - October 7, 2000
- Sovereign Enhanced Deterrence Explorer Class
- U.S.S. Reaent, NCC-3345-G
- November 1, 2001 - January 6, 2006
- Ambassador Mark II Enhanced Scientific Explorer Class
- January 6, 2006 - October 8th, 2015
- Ambassador Mark III Scientific Light Carrier Class
- www.ussreaent.com - Official U.S.S. Reaent Website
- www.stsf.net - Official website of the Star Trek Simulation Forum
|V • T||Articles about Celestial Prime|
|Role-plays||USS Reaent • USS Tempest • The Noir|
|Players||Penny Boopter • Andrew Downy • Johnathan Hale • Senek Menkara • Fred Michaels • Trey Onadan • Nikolas Renaldi • Shane Taggart • Isabella Valentine|
|Other||Celestial Prime Muse Award|