Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, users with user rights can access a few additional functions.
- Promoting and demoting administrators and ranks below them.
- Can not be demoted by other users, with the exception of Fandom staff.
- All functions of the content moderator role.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Content Moderator abilities
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Patrolling edits.
Discussions Moderator abilities
- Removing, deleting, or closing threads.
- Deleting or locking threads on Discussions.
- All functions of the chat moderator role.
Chat Moderator abilities
- Kick and ban on chat.
- Use the Rollback ability.
Who are this wiki's staff members?
How do I use user rights?
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an moderator
For you to become a staff member, you must create a request on the request page.
What can moderators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Fandom community.